Sorry to be the bearer's of bad news, but did you know that scientists say we only have 12 years to fix the climate change catastrophe, that up to one million species face extinction within decades, and that by the year 2050 there will be more plastic in our oceans than fish?
Yikes, this is NOT good!
BUT, today is World Environment Day so we are sharing our top 5 easy changes that everyone can make that will make a big difference. After all, fixing the climate emergency is not about everyone being perfect, it's about everyone being better.
1) Keep some spare reusable shopping bags in your car/handbag - you never know when you will need them.
2) Take a reusable water bottle and coffee cup with you everywhere you go. On average, only 10% of plastic bottles are actually recycled, the rest end up in the landfill.
3) Buy pre-loved. Whether its clothes or furniture, give them a second life instead of sending them to the landfill.
4) Buy local. This helps reduce food miles, alleviate our dependence on fossil fuels, reduce air pollution and cut back on greenhouse gas emissions.
5) Switch out your shower items for packaging free choices such as shampoo bars and bar soaps.